You guessed it- Butter(less) Chicken
While trying to eat clean, it’s hard to stay away from your favorites. So we gave your comfort food the ultimate face lift.
Here is the full recipe:
2 tablespoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- Serving suggestion: Serve with whole grain roti or red rice
For the marinate:
Place chicken in a nonporous glass dish or bowl with lemon juice, 1 tablespoon chili powder and salt. Toss to coat; cover dish and refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour.
Drain yogurt in a cloth for 15 to 20 minutes. Place in a medium bowl; mix in salt, garlic paste, garam masala, butter, chili powder, ginger paste, lemon juice and oil. Pour greek yogurt mixture over chicken, replace cover and refrigerate to marinate for another 3 to 4 hours.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).Place chicken on skewers. Place skewers in a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
Add oil to a large skillet over